June 27, 2008

Operatic Arts

To the surprise of many and expectation of others-I love opera! That's right, my adolescent mindset is not completely taken boys and pineapple, I have an interest in so many things that it really drives me crazy sometimes! But as of now, let's focus on my passion for the operatic arts~!
One of my many career interests is to be an opera singer, or star of a broadway musical-but then again who hasn't dreamed this dream at a point? I've taken lessons and even made our High School's elite Chamber Choir (the biggest accomplishment of my young life), yet I wonder how far I'll make it? I'd like to think I have the talent, but at times I feel I'd be a little out of place.
An interesting opera fact I really liked: The word opera means "work" in Italian -from Latin opus meaning "work" or "labour". (en.wikipedia.org) My cnclusion? Mayhap I will be an opera singer someday-but I'll never know unless I really "work" for it. ^^
On a sidenote, I'll be gone for the next week or so at an Opera Academy in Chicago, Illinois. Maybe you can guess why opera's been on my mind! I'll be performing and everything, so wish me luck!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Opera mi amore! I think that's how you say that. I love opera too and some people don't understand why, but some people's brains have a hard time understanding simple things like quantum physics, duh. O mio bambino caro...I need to take an italian class so I can spell this stuff. Good luck Pineapple Puccini!

Bernie said...

I has taken Italian and I must say that I do not understand what that was supposed to say. ^~^

Tesser rox my sox.

Bernie said...

Post more!

Unknown said...

I'll get right on it! X3